February 12, 2014

Paying It Forward




One day, late in January, this post appeared in my Facebook news feed. It was a large block of text and that caught my attention. I see dozens of news feed posts every day on the FB feed, and this one stuck out from the others. It didn’t have any glitzy photo or a cute puppy with big eyes. Here is the post from January 24, 2014:

To start this year off in a loving way, I'm participating in this Pay-It-Forward initiative:- the first 5 people who comment on this status with "I'm in" will receive a surprise from me at some point in this calendar year - anything from a book, a ticket, something home-grown or made, a postcard, absolutely any surprise! There will be no warning and it will happen when the mood comes over me and I... find something that I believe would suit you and make you happy. These 5 people must make the same offer in their FB status. Copy this text on your profile (don't share) so we can form a web of connection and kindness. Let's do more nice and loving things for each other in 2014, without any reason other than to make each other smile and to show that we think of each other. Here's to a more enjoyable, more friendly and love-filled year xoxo

I cannot even remember who initially posted it. It only took me a few moments to read the post and decide to participate. I quickly imagined what kind of piece I would send to the 5 people that decided to take this journey with me:  a handmade Valentine! As soon as I re-posted the Pay –It-Forward Initiative, I had my five fellow  travelers. Upon commenting, “I’m in!” these individuals also commit to carrying on the paying it forward movement by posting the info on their own page and gathering their own peeps.

Just think what a little thing like this could do for the world. Spreading a bit of cheer and loving thought around the globe! I challenge you to consider taking a small step in your own lives and beginning your own “Pay-It-Forward” project. I have had a great time creating special artworks to send out to my participants.


 

3 comments:

SweetP54 said...

I'm going to do it!

Sharon Bloom said...

Good for you!!

Leanne E said...

I will try something similar too :) Thanks for sharing!