August 3, 2011

For The Birds

In my last entry, I posted a photo of this wreath prior to kiln firing. Here it is fully glazed and ready to hang! I made several of these wreath pieces with different themes, but I like the birds so much. There is something magical about taking a piece from the initial idea, then to dimensionality, and lastly making it come to life with colors. I love the process. Sculpting these pieces is fun too and takes me away from surface painting and keeps my hands in clay. Sweet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Thursday evening to you Sharon.

That is such a pretty piece - you are very creative! Birds just make a home welcome with their chirping joy, so this would always be a reminder of that!

Just came by to say hello, to thank you for visiting my blog - and to wish you GOOD LUCK on the 4300 dollar amazon.com gift card giveaway:)

Sharon Bloom said...

Thank you for the compliment! I appreciate it very much.

Anna said...

Love the birds coming out of the wreath!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!