May 23, 2011

Tools Of The Trade

A spool of baker's twine, a worn brush. a rusty washer, an Ebony pencil, a well used eraser, some beach treasures, and a rubber tipped shaper are some of the tools I use to create art with. I seem to find  a use for just about anything that crosses my path. But these are just a few of my favorite things. I love the look of worn tools used by human hands and wonder what others made with them. What are some of your favorite tools?

I am also a slave to technology and would have difficulty not having that one big tool, a computer. Once in a while I am tested, like today when it seemed like my whole pc had crashed and there I was faced with a black screen and not a lot of options. Fortunately, it was not as bad as it appeared and I am once again connected with that invisible electronic highway. I panicked for a moment, feeling like I lost an appendage. Silly I know, but then comforted by the much more primitive tools that I am surrounded with each day and have some control over. Ahh bliss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite tool? My camera! I love taking photos and downloading them. It's so cool seeing some of your favorite tools and I love how they are arranged in the photo!

Sharon Bloom said...

Ooh. Yep. That's definitely a good tool Anna. Especially with the digital capabilities. Thanks for sharing!