April 10, 2011

Sweet Home........Chico.

Yesterday, I participated in a boutique show in Chico, CA. Chico was my home for twenty years and holds a special place in my heart. The town was in full bloom with bright green trees and the light scent of jasmine wafting in the background. It was wonderful to see some old friends, albeit briefly, and receive  an unexpected phone call from a long time friend (wow!) and enjoy the warm welcoming atmosphere of the place I called "home" for so many years.

The show was fun and swift as I watched a lot of my small works of art find new homes. This colorful floral encaustic painting went home to a collector of many of my mini works! I am excited to see my new paintings being positively received. I suppose no matter how long I have been at this, I still love the validation of people appreciating my art. It really touches me on a deep level and makes me feel more connected to this human experience.

No comments: