February 23, 2011

Are We There Yet?



I don't know exactly why I decided to start a blog, but mostly it was at the constant urging of artist friends.  My goal is to share with you, the reader, a bit about my creative life and inspirations. Often I am asked "Where do you get all of your ideas?"  The answer is easy and complicated. But, my most honest answer is: From everything around me.

For me, ideas and creative thought are the same as breathing. I don't have to spend time contemplating them. They just reveal themselves constantly and randomly like tossing a handful of glitter in the air.

As an artist I never feel like I have reached my destination. The creative road is full of twists, turns, and choices. Come and share the ride with me as I explore this ever changing landscape.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Fabulous... While I'm not so artsy and creative, I love your work and look forward to following your creativity and inspirations! Hopeful just a little will rub off on me.

Have fun! Victoria

Sharon Bloom said...

Thanks Victoria...I hope that my postings here will inspire you!

No Shoes said...

I personally LOVE this artist and if not for living on the east coast (Cape Cod, MA.) I would (If closer) stop in her studio every day and sweep the floor just to cozy up to such a brilliant, fertile mind! You make this crazy world a much better place Ms. Bloom and I/we thank you.....